Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Last Two Days: A Story of no Sleep

And suddenly.. I was down to just two days and two nights.

Wednesday night I got to play pick up basketball for the last time with the local guys we met on the courts. Following that, there was a joint "Heather's going away and Annabell's Birthday party" that I helped host. It was hot and sweaty-a perfect summary of Malaysia- and a ton of people came. We ended the night at the Reggae Mansion club in Georgetown for some good techno dancing. Marie and I slept over in the apartments and went swimming until we got kicked out by the security guard around 4 am. Got a solid couple of hours of sleep that night.





Thursday night was the international Gala night for all the exchange students at the University. It was Greek Themed.. basically a Toga Party. It went a lot like the Gustavus Farewell dinner we had on Tuesday, but with even more food and better desserts! Later on, a bunch of us went back to Reggae Mansion for round 2. I grabbed a taxi back around 2:30 am after many tearful goodbyes so that I could eat something, finish packing, and shower, before getting picked up by the bus to go to the airport at 4:30 am. No sleep for me.







I just can't believe it's over. I'm not ready to leave (despite my cheer in the picture below).

No comments:

Post a Comment