Sunday, May 25, 2014

Singapore

I spent the weekend from Friday morning until Sunday night in Singapore, and it was incredible. A truly modern, western-like city in the middle of Asia. I loved it and could have spent a few more days there, although it is quite expensive. We toured most of the city, including Chinatown, Little India, Marina Bay, the Colonial District, Botanical Gardends, and Orchard road. Below are some highlights.

Magnum Ice cream Birthday Party!
-Apparently it was the 25th birthday party of the Magnum Ice cream store in Singapore on friday night, and they were giving away free customized ice cream. Unfortunately the line was incredibly long. Fortunately, Asians are too shy to yell at you if you budge… I feel kinda bad about it but the ice cream was SO WORTH IT.

 Skybar delights
-After walking through the "Gardens by the Bay" aka the avatar gardens, we went to the highest sky bar in Asia. For way to much money, you get to go to the 62nd floor and get a free drink (Singapore Sling for me!) and enjoy the 360 degree outdoor view. It was an incredible view and the music was really good! Too expensive to buy any more drinks, we left for a cheaper bar, and met some English people who took us under their wings and brought us to "the best bar in singapore- the China1. They gave us VIP entry, and we all hung out dancing and drinking to a live band. Great night.




Orchard Road
- My inner shopaholic and girly girl was satisfied when we walked down the huge orchard road with various malls spaced along it. I've never seen so many high fashion stores in one place! Jimmy Choo, Dolce & Gabanna, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Armani, Valentino, Marc Jacobs, Gucci, Versace… it goes on and on. I tried on a absolutely beautiful dress in Dolce & Gabanna. It only cost $2990. Wow. How many people can say they've worn a $3000 dress? I can! I felt like I was in New York of Paris… not Southeast Asia.



It was a wonderful last official weekend of study abroad. A few more finals to go, and then I'm gone to Australia!! I added a few more random pictures from Sinapore below.






No comments:

Post a Comment